Friday, January 26, 2007

First Day Jitters


Best selling book on first day jitters: Kindergarten to 3rd grade!

Truth be told, I am feeling both excited and a wee bit nervous about starting back tomorrow with Saturday's Village class-- teachers experience first day jitters, too! Though I've listened and memorized over 200 songs and planned for 63 weekly lessons for the 6 different curricula, my biggest worry of course is that I will suddenly lose it, and an activity I thought would be a total hit will suddenly turn into a total flop. So I suppose I should start practicing what I preach and that is: Let go of your own agenda and expectations of how things should be.

I first received this advice from another Kindermusik educator out in East Bay. Lindsay Levin, M.A. who's been a personal mentor and now a dear friend offered this advice when I was thrown a curve ball in class, figuratively speaking that is. Since then, I've adopted it as my personal motto and have shared it with many Kindermusik families. As we work and teach the very young together, it's important to remember to put aside our personal and adult "expectations" of how children learn best. One plan does not fit all so it's critical that we be flexible and be open to many and different expressions of learning. So let's embrace the unexpected and delight in the creative contribution each child brings to the Kindermusik classroom. Cheers Lindsay for your wisdom!

Here is what we have in store for you at Musikandmotion this spring semester:

VILLAGE: Hickory Dickory Tickle and Bounce offered on SAT. 9:00AM OR TUES. 9:00AM
VILLAGE: The Rhythm of My Day offered on SAT 9:00AM, TUES. 9:00AM, WED. 11:15AM, OR THURS. 4:00PM
OUR TIME: Fiddle Dee Dee offered on SAT. 10:15AM, TUES. 10:15AM, WED. 10:15AM OR THURS 5:00PM
IMAGIN THAT!: Cities- Busy Places, Friendly Faces on MON. 4:00PM
YOUNG CHILD 1 offered on TUES. 4:45PM
FAMILY TIME: Our Kind of Day offered on FRI. 10:15AM
SIGN & SING A offered on WED. 4:00PM

There are spaces available in some classes and enrollment is continuous so please contact Musikandmotion at 916-419-6999 or musikandmotion@yahoo.com to inquire about enrolling your child in Kindermusik this spring!

For our website: please log onto www.musikandmotion.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home