Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Sacramento Choral Society and Orchestra

I'm so excited to share that last week, I auditioned for The Sacramento Choral Society and Orchestra (SCSO) with Dr. Donald Kendrick, and was accepted as a soprano 1 singer! I start rehearsing with this highly dedicated and talented choral group next month in January-- I must admit that singing weekly in our Kindermuisk classes has helped me tremendously as I did not have any time to prepare for the audition. From part singing and ear training (Our Time: Milk & Cookies song!) to sight reading music (Young Child!) and singing expressively (vocal play in Village), I was practicing even when I didn't know it!

The award-winning Sacramento Choral Society and Orchestra will hold in its 11th annual Home for the Holidays concert performance this Sunday, December 10th, 2006 at the Mondavi Center. I will be there in the audience to cheer them on, but come next March and I will be singing with them in Verdi Requiem and in May, A Broadway Salute-- I can't wait!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Brenna said...

Congrats! It would be wonderful to watch you perform!! Way to go!

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home