Monday, June 25, 2007

Noah's Birthday Party

I always consider it a great honor when parents call me to lead their children's birthday parties. Earlier this month, being invited to Noah's home to celebrate his 2nd birthday was no exception. Upon entering his lovely home, Noah gave me the biggest smile with that twinkle in his eyes. He then went about being a gracious host, greeting everyone with "Hi! Hi!" Erika, Noah's mom, welcomed, introduced and led me to where I could set up my instruments, props, and sound dock for the party-- she had cleared her family room and provided a wonderful floor space for everyone to gather for the musical party.

As I got ready to set up,I noticed with delight the Animal Serenade song book from Our Time Fiddle Dee Dee prominently displayed on top of their keyboard, along with other "adult" music sheets. Music from Fiddle dee dee Home Cd was playing in the background to welcome Noah's guests. Clearly, this was a home where music is celebrated and their child's interests honored. It made me feel both proud and happy!


The musical party got under way with everyone singing, dancing and celebrating with Noah his very special day. All the children and adults participated with such enthusiasm and joy. Two Kindermusik families from Noah's class also came to the party-- it was great to see familiar friends among party guests.

Half way into the musical party, one of Noah's enthusiastic friends shouted "This is so much fun!" That was by far the best compliment I've gotten! It was a memorable birthday event-- a joyous celebration of Noah's development and uniqueness with his friends and family in his own home.

P.S. Thank you Noah, his family and guests for sharing the following images on my blog!

2 Comments:

Blogger erika said...

wow! miss sunny, you continue to make us feel so very special! thank you so much for a wondeful celebration! love, noah and his mommy

8:22 AM  
Blogger Miss Sunny said...

Erika, it was my pleasure. By the way, thanks for my Pufumayo children's Cd-- I've been listening to it and enjoying the multicultural music!

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home