Friday, August 08, 2008

Meeting Dr. Gordon



In between Summer Camp A in May/June and Summer Camp B in July/August, I squeezed in a two-week training opportunity at The Gordon Institute of Music Learning (GIML) and completed my Mastership Certification Level 1 in Early Childhood Music Education. Meeting Dr. Gordon has been a transformational experience for me which I'll share with you more in future posts. The program was held at Michigan State University, and to my surprise, staying in the dorms wasn't that bad. It was more like a mini hotel! Cafeteria food downstairs was great!!! The campus was beautiful-- lots of lush trees and gorgeous landscaping.

Next Saturday, I'm hosting a Parent Education Night for Kindermusik families-- I can't wait to share with you some exciting research conducted by Dr. Gordon on how babies and young children learn music.

As a living master, Edwin Gordon is known internationally as a preeminent researcher, theorist, lecturer, educator and author on early childhood music education. Please visit his site at GIML to learn more about his work and come to our gathering next Saturday evening.

Please contact Miss Sunny @ musikandmotion@yahoo.com to RSVP!

1 Comments:

Blogger Rizz said...

Do you find that Kindermusik repertoire has enough variety of tonalities, meters and styles? Can you tell me more about what you think?

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home