Monday, January 01, 2007

Music is Everywhere


Music is ev'rywhere, in my head, in the air.
All around, hear the sound, I hear it ev'rywhere.
by Jacque Negus



The words to this sweet song from Kindermusik Young Child 1 curriculum kept popping up in my mind on my recent trip to San Diego with my husband, David, and my parents who are visiting for the holidays. With the So. Cal. sun warming our backs, we leisurely took a delightful stroll down memory lane along the shores of La Jolla Cove. While David and I reminisced about our carefree college days at UC San Diego some 18 years ago, my dad shared stories of his naval training at Coronado as a young officer some 45 years ago! A local flutist played to the music of Bach, putting all of us in an even more floating, relaxed and reflective mood. After wards, we drove to Balboa Park and purchased a Peru pan flute at the Hall of Nations and learned a new song, San Diego-- the Beautiful, proudly displayed at the entrance of the Japanese Friendship Garden. How wonderful to know that where ever you go, music truly is everywhere and always helps to create the perfect ambiance!

I hope you enjoyed your holidays as well with time for family, relaxation and reflection. I look forward to seeing you and the children this week as our classes will resume again. I can't wait to hear about your children's holiday and music stories!

1 Comments:

Blogger Molly McGinn said...

Some truly, lovely posts.

A happy, happy, new year to you.

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home