Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Josh Groban's Voice and Message


A dear friend and personal mentor, Miss Jane Buchanan (a Kindermusik educator in Antioch, California) first introduced me to Josh Groban's mesmerizing voice-- and what a voice he has, and an even greater message he has to share! Though this young man enjoyed a rich musical background, he didn't start vocal training till he was in 8th grade! On a recent interview with Oprah, he shares one of his "A-Ha!" moments about his journey to stardom, "I had gotten to this place by doing what I loved, even when it meant I felt different and alone. I could have gone out for the baseball team or stopped wearing sweater vests. But for some reason, I didn't try to be like everybody, even when that seemed the easy option, and I had finally been rewarded. I know that if I follow my heart, it will lead me where I belong."

You can visit Josh Groban on his official website.

To listen and view Josh sing Weeping from his new album Awake, click here! This South African song was inspired by his visit with Nelson Mandela and schools in Soweto. He vocally harmonized this song with his long time idols, Ladysmith Black Mambazo. Ladysmith Black Mambazo will be performing here in Sacramento, on January 25, 2007 at Crest Theatre! You can also find out more about Grobanite for Africa-- a grassroot charity foundation spearheaded by Josh Groban.

Click here to listen to his more dramatic voice from Awake Josh Groban!

2 Comments:

Blogger Miss Jane said...

"I like your Blog,That's as close as my name and Josh Groban's name will ever be in writing. I love him, I would love to sing with him!!!!"
I saw Josh in concert when he came to Concord, Ca and he was even more amazing in person, he makes my heart melt!!!

4:48 PM  
Blogger Miss Sunny said...

Anything I can do to help bring the two of you together :)

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home